BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Long downloading time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akgayguy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Long downloading time Reply with quote

Regardless of what computer or browser I use to view my blog it always takes sonewhere from 30 sec. to a minute to appear and even longer to go to another page. It seems that the problem occurs every time I try to publish a photo. Any hints as to why this is happening please let me know so I don't have to blog elsewhere.
Thanks,
Glenn
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Long downloading time Reply with quote

If you're referring to the fact that your blog page itself is slow to load, I would have to respond with the same answer to an identical question from another user...

The slow load is not a result of your blog itself being slow to load, but a byproduct of the plethora of third party addons, stickers, counters, ads and the like which are on your blog...

In your case, there are images and scripts from more than 19 other domains besides your own which are loading from your page, and a delay in response from any of those 19 or more sources can result in the browser pausing while it waits for those images or scripts. It may appear that your blog is being served slowly, but that is not the case; what's happening is your browser is waiting on additional objects in order to render the page...

It looks like there's at least one service that is not responding immediately and the browser is waiting for it to respond before completely loading the page (you didn't post your URL here, so I will not note specifically which component it is as per your presumed privacy preference).

You could remove your custom components from your layout one by one, try loading the page to see if the problem still exists, and add them back to the layout to determine which one is the culprit. The slow load of any one of those addons would cause a delay by the browser in loading your page.

A great resource is the Web Page Analyzer, it can tell you a lot about your web pages.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: