BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Using the Xinha Here! Firefox extension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Third Party
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Using the Xinha Here! Firefox extension Reply with quote

Another Firefox extension I am really loving is Xinha Here!. I'll let the developer explain what it is:

Quote:
Xinha Here! is a Firefox extension wrapper for the Xinha HTML editor. It enables WYSIWYG editing in any textarea and textbox on any website. Xinha Here! opens a Xinha HTML editor in your browser allowing you to edit the data in a WYSIWYG on any website without coping and pasting to secondary HTML editor. To use Xinha Here! simply select Xinha Here! from the context menu (right click) of the desired text area or textbox. Up will pop a Xinha WYSIWYG HTML editor. Press OK and the valid HTML is pushed back to the original text box. Simple as that.

I installed this extension and then turned off our Rich Text Editor (Settings and Security > Publishing Defaults > Advanced, scroll down to the bottom of the page and uncheck Enable rich-text editor then click Save Settings). You should also disable "Convert line breaks" from the Posts defaults at Settings & Security >> Publishing Defaults >> Posts (can also be disabled on a per post basis by unchecking the "Preserve line and paragraphs breaks" checkbox on the Post Article page).

Now when I go to the Post Article or Edit Article page, I can work with the raw HTML, use the simple editor to assist me in adding some simple HTML tags, or right-click in the article area for Xinha and a new window pops up with a very advanced WYSIWYG rich text editor. It does lists, tables, cleans up MS Office formatted HTML, has ... Compose a post, click Apply, and the HTML appears in the text area. So you can even use this to enable WYSIWYG editing of your Excerpts (article summaries). When used in conjunction with Spellbound, you have an integrated spell checker too!

Add a bookmarklet browser's toolbar, and now you've got a really hot combination. When you're browsing and come across a page you want to blog about, just click on your bookmarklet and a mini version of our post article page will appear preconfigured with a link to the page you were browsing. Right click in the Article Body for your Xinha HTML editor and you've got a pretty powerful HTML editor to help create your post - and your summary too! - and the bookmarklet gives you access to all of the extra options you have when creating a post directly on our system.

What's more, is now you have one WISYWIG html editor you can use on any website. Use it when posting HTML comments on other blogs, posting to forums such as this one...

Try it and let me know what you think.

Last edited by john on Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Third Party All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: