BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Image& file sourcing: not all feeders are the same

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazo56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Image& file sourcing: not all feeders are the same Reply with quote

Hello John,

I didn't respond to your query (quoted below) during the discussion on March 25 on a point which I think I need to clarify.

I said:

"The point I am making is NOT that my images are being sourced - I have deliberately chosen to allow an RSS feed of 5 for the newsfeeder Jordomedia to make sure my photos in articles are visible (by mutual agreement and benefit)."

And you said:

"The number of items in your RSS feed has no relationship to your File Sourcing settings. Not sure what you're thinking is the connection of these two items... "

This is the connection:The RSS feeder with Jordomedia works a little differently from the usual roll of URLs in feeders. And it is important for me to keep an eye on their Feeder because anyone doing a Google search for Tasmanian photographers, Nevin or my name, will see the Jordomedia entry on the first page in the top three. How JM presents my blog is therefore important to me.

Click on the JM entry in a Google search leads to their page. Just my blog URL appears first, then, when clicked on, it DOESN"T jump back to MY BLOG at Blogharbor, it just displays my recent articles entries (not photo album posts) on JM's own pages.

In the past, I was allowing upto 90 (yes!) RSS items through which just rolled down JM's pages forever! Then I disabled the imaging function, and to my dismay the photos in the articles on the JM page were appearing as blank boxes with the red cross. Having since chatted with JM about this and examined my template options, I now allow only 5 of my articles through RSS, and by enabling image and file sourcing, the photos within the articles are appearing. The final RSS of my 5 articles on their pages now looks good, and we are all happy.

You can check it out at:
http://www.jordomedia.com/RSS/l_op=viewrss/lid=2045.html

Cheers,
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Image& file sourcing: not all feeders are the same Reply with quote

This was your original statement:

I have deliberately chosen to allow an RSS feed of 5 for the newsfeeder Jordomedia to make sure my photos in articles are visible (by mutual agreement and benefit)

My reply was simply to point out that there is no connection between the settings in the control panel for number of items in an RSS feed and the enabling or disabling file sourcing.

Your statement seemed to imply that you believed that there was a relationship between the number of items in your feed and whether or not your photos can be viewed in an RSS feed. I wanted to point out that there is no such connection, which is true regardless of whether your feed is viewed in a web-based RSS reader or in client software-based reader...
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: