BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Full Name on Posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Hermit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Full Name on Posts Reply with quote

I clicked on the author name of a post on my front page. It showed the username of the author, but also displayed my full name, which I don't want to be there.

I read the faq about reader accounts, but I didn't sign up for a reader account.

Any help?

TH
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Full Name on Posts Reply with quote

When you created your blog, you also created a user account. That user account has Administrator permission to and is the owner of the blog which you created.

When you come to my blog, you can use that same user account, that same username and password, to subscribe to my blog, and leave comments there. Maybe if I had restricted categories I could give your account Trusted Reader status so you could access any of my restricted categories.

You might also use that same user account on another blog, perhaps you have a friend who gives you Trusted Poster status or posting privileges to a specific category.

A Reader Account is simply a way to refer to a user account that does not currently own any blogs. It can of course become an owner of a blog: when you signup for a blog here you have an option to specify if you are an Existing User, if you already have a Reader Account with us you can enter your username and password to tie your new blog into your existing identity.

Perhaps we made a mistake when choosing the terminology, as all publishers do in fact have a Reader Account. And that account has special priveleges when used in the context of a blog it has Administrator rights to...

This whole concept means that you can use one username/password to administer your blog, access content on other blogs, and even post to other blogs. If you have posting access to more than one blog in your account, you will see a drop down menu in your control panel allowing you to easily move to any of your other blogs!

In any case, whenever you are logged in to the blog Publisher's Control Panel, take a look at the top two tabs, you will see one is labeled Control Panel and one is labeled Address Book. Click on Address Book and you will be managing your user account.

Go to the My Profile tab and you will see that your Account Info can be configured as Public, Friends Only, or Private. Choose Private and your information will not be shown when your Profile is displayed.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: