BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2 questions about comments and stats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kow626

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: 2 questions about comments and stats Reply with quote

I've come to learn that the reason I have practically no comments on my site although I know for a fact that I get plenty of readers and return readers is that the login information still appears in the comments area although I've set it to anonymous. Seems that people don't want to feel like they have to sign up for anything just to leave a comment and I can totally understand that because I'm the same way. Any plans on removing that anytime soon?

And what is the start and end time for stat collecting? What I mean is in the referer summary, when do you start gathering data for who referred someone to my site and when do you stop/restart that daily process?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 questions about comments and stats Reply with quote

If you could create new topics when you have 2 different questions, we'd really appreciate it since it would help other users who use the Search function to find answers to previously asked questions to find material specific to their search. Thanks in advance!

I've come to learn that the reason I have practically no comments on my site although I know for a fact that I get plenty of readers and return readers is that the login information still appears in the comments area although I've set it to anonymous. Seems that people don't want to feel like they have to sign up for anything just to leave a comment and I can totally understand that because I'm the same way. Any plans on removing that anytime soon?

No plans to remove it, since we don't think "Allow anonymous comments" should also mean "Do not permit users to login"... Though we have filed your feedback that it could be made clearer that logging in is not required.

You could enhance your comments section by following these instructions to add your own text above the comments area which explains things in your own words what the options are for commenting.

And what is the start and end time for stat collecting? What I mean is in the referer summary, when do you start gathering data for who referred someone to my site and when do you stop/restart that daily process?

Our servers run on East Coast time, so the daily stats reflect a day on that time zone, midnight begins a new day and stats restart at that time.
kow626

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll remember to make different topics for different questions next time. And thanks for the comments help. It worked for the main articles but not for the subcategories of Photos and Book, Movie, or Music Reviews. Can you provide some html help with that too or does the same code apply? I didn't want to go playing around with it thinking I'd mess something up and not be able to fix it.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: