BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Login Component

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: The Login Component Reply with quote

Hello. I was wondering how I can access the LOGIN component so that I may add my own word graphic as the header just as I have done with all of my other components. It doesn't exist on the components page and I can't find anything else that mentions it other than this in the style sheet
Code:
componentLogin {
    text-align: right;
}

Obviously I can't do a mass component head change in the style sheet because each graphic is separate. What do I do???

Thanks!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Login Component Reply with quote

The Login component does not appear in the list of customizable components primarily for the reason that in may be necessary to change the login process at some point, so we don't necessarily want to encourage customization of that component. That allows us to make changes to the login procedure and have it affect the least number of users.

You can of course create your own new custom component based on the HTML used by our standard Login component. Copy the raw HTML produced by the Login component by doing a View Source in your web browser, and create your own custom component based on that HTML. Wrap this around the whole thing:

Code:
{{unless authenticated}}
Your custom code here
{{/unless}}

and it will only display to folks who have not logged in.

Last edited by john on Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:05 am; edited 3 times in total
jessay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Duh! Reply with quote

Grrr. Why didn't I think of that? I've gone to view source for other websites and it just slipped my mind this time. Anyway, it worked like a charm. Thank you!!!!
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: