BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mysterious box below banner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Mysterious box below banner Reply with quote

Hello there,

A mysterious blank bar/box has recently (today) appeared just below my customised blog name banner. On the main page in three column layout it stretches across the top of the centre column. On my other pages with a two column layout, it stretches across the top of the larger column.

I have tried creating a category with no headers at all to see if it is related to the banner itself, but it still appeared at the top of the page. I have not tried to customise my base template, so where has it come from? Is it something to do with this in the base?

translator.settext("by", "<gettext>");
translator.settext("Anonymous", "<gettext>");
translator.settext("on", "<gettext>");
translator.settext("Permanent Link", "<gettext>");
translator.settext("Profile", "<gettext>");
translator.settext("Reply", "<gettext>");

which I noticed also at the View Source in the head?
Whatever it is, can you GET RID OF IT PLEEEEEESE ---???

Many thanks,
kerry at tasmanianphotographers.blogharbor
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious box below banner Reply with quote

Quote:
I have tried creating a category with no headers at all to see if it is related to the banner itself, but it still appeared at the top of the page. I have not tried to customise my base template, so where has it come from? Is it something to do with this in the base?

It's a bug introduced during our update this morning. It actually has to do with something else (the system thinks it has a message to display but the message is empty), we've informed the developers of the issue and hope that the resolution is quick.
kerry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: "Your comment .." notice appears there Reply with quote

Thanks John.
I have just tested the new comment format (as it appears on my template at the moment) by leaving a comment and the notice that the comment will be moderated DOES appear in that bar/box. The bar /box should be invisible otherwise, correct?
Kerry
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: "Your comment .." notice appears there Reply with quote

We just made some changes to work around this error. Sorry for the delay in resolving this.
kerry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Message bar now invisible Reply with quote

Hello John,
Blank bar/box below banner has now gone. Looks great.
Merci mille fois! Do you ever get any sleep?
Kerry
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Message bar now invisible Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you ever get any sleep?

A little bit, thanks for your concern! Wink Off to get a little shuteye now in fact... See you tomorrow!
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: