BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Header for Catagories ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vbindi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Custom Header for Catagories ??? Reply with quote

The Header for the Index page of my Blog is "Orange County CA Real Estate" which is what I want it to be.... is there any way to make the Header for a Catagory to display somethng else? For example, I have a Catagory called "Laguna Niguel Real Estate"... can I have the Header for this Catagory read "Laguna Niguel Real Estate" instead of the current "Orange County CA. Real Estate" ???

Vince Bindi
www.OCRealEstateBlog.com
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Header for Catagories ??? Reply with quote

It's possible to set category specific templates and layouts.

From the control panel, click Look & Feel. If you want to edit the components used in your layout, click Layout in the Options row. If you edit the layout here, you are editing the layout for the Main Page and all the categories which inherit its layout.

If you want to edit the layout only for a specific category, click through the Category Tree on the left side of the page. You should see text like "This category currently inherits components from its parent category."; click Customize if you want to customize the layout and make it particular to that category.

It's pretty much the same process for the Templates, just click Templates in the Options row and follow along in the same manner to modify a template for a specific category. In this way you can edit the CSS or style template only for a specific category.

For more advanced users familiar with HTML, you can do this dynamically by setting up your base template so that it is automatically displaying the category names so that you do not have to create category-specific layouts. See this thread for that technique.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: