BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How can I widen the width of the middle or center (main) col

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: How can I widen the width of the middle or center (main) col Reply with quote

How can I widen the width of the middle or center (main) column?

This question was sent by email today, so I thought it would be best to answer here in the forums where everyone will be able to see it.

First point to consider is which Color Scheme you are using. If you're using one of the new color schemes introduced in Summer 2005:
  • Beach
  • Contemporary Brown
  • Cranberry
  • Greybeard
  • Lime
  • Margarita
  • Midori
  • Pale
  • Prince
  • Retro Black
  • Shore
  • Spring
  • Whiteout
These are fixed width designs which get centered on the page. Because they use a fixed width, there is a limited amount of space within the blog design so the only practical way to increase the width of the main column on one of these schemes would be to use a 2-column design as opposed to a 3-column design (see Columns in the User Manual).

If you are using any of the other schemes, they are full screen designs which expand to fit the width of the browser screen. So you will find that their main columnn area is larger on bigger screens.

You can customize the style template to make a fixed-width design into a full screen design. Just follow the instructions on How to Center your Blog (which explains how to go the other way and turn a full screen design into a fixed width design), but add the following code to your Custom CSS instead:
Code:
table.columns {
   width: 98%;
}

Now your formerly fixed-width design will expand to the full width of the browser window, and your main column will expand in size as well.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: