BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Disappearing post!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. K

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Disappearing post! Reply with quote

I just wrote a new article, previewed it successfully, and then posted it.
Now the article body is missing from the blog and the edit page.
What happened??

I use Firefox, but haven't had any problems up to now with that.

I have noticed changes in headline sizes and loss of html graphics from posts that were ok in the past as well. Related problems?

Thanks for any help you can give. I was trying to create a quick post so I did it directly on the blog page instead of cutting and pasting from elsewhere. Mistake! Crying or Very sad

Karen
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Disappearing post! Reply with quote

Quote:
I just wrote a new article, previewed it successfully, and then posted it. Now the article body is missing from the blog and the edit page. What happened??

I have not seen this problem, and I can not replicate with my Firefox. Can you replicate this, or was it a one time problem? If you can replicate this error consistently, can you let us know step by step what will cause this error to appear?

Quote:
I have noticed changes in headline sizes and loss of html graphics from posts that were ok in the past as well. Related problems?

I doubt it is related, my suspicion here would be mismatched HTML codes in your articles or summaries, though I would need to see the specific articles you're referring to in order to provide more info.
Dr. K

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Disappearing post! Reply with quote

[quote="john"]
Quote:
I just wrote a new article, previewed it successfully, and then posted it. Now the article body is missing from the blog and the edit page. What happened??

I have not seen this problem, and I can not replicate with my Firefox. Can you replicate this, or was it a one time problem? If you can replicate this error consistently, can you let us know step by step what will cause this error to appear?

I tried again and it seemed fine this time. Maybe just a lesson from the universe to back-up before I post Wink If it happens again, I will give another try immediately and let you know exactly what I did.

Quote:
I have noticed changes in headline sizes and loss of html graphics from posts that were ok in the past as well.

I doubt it is related, my suspicion here would be mismatched HTML codes in your articles or summaries, though I would need to see the specific articles you're referring to in order to provide more info.

It has happened in a number of articles -- sometimes the editing I did on subtitles etc. is now appearing differently from the original successful posting; sometimes the Amazon code that used to produce a picture of the book now doesn't; sometimes a picture that used to be there is not.

An example of the wonky Amazon links is: http://neurofeedback.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2005/10/6/1284116.html
The amazon.com links on this one are fine, the .ca links are not, although I did the same thing for both and they were fine for weeks, if not months before I noticed they were gone.

I also noticed today that the geographical map I had inserted into my right margin doesn't show up anymore. It used to. The code seems to be still there (I didn't change anything there) and it is in the component list, but it's gone missing. (I tried removing and replacing it, but no luck.)

Thanks for any ideas you have about this.

Karen
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Disappearing post! Reply with quote

Quote:
An example of the wonky Amazon links is: http://neurofeedback.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2005/10/6/1284116.html The amazon.com links on this one are fine, the .ca links are not, although I did the same thing for both and they were fine for weeks, if not months before I noticed they were gone.

Not sure what I am looking for... What is the issue you see? I see that the last image and link in the post are to Amazon.ca but I don't know what you are expecting to see here...

Quote:
I also noticed today that the geographical map I had inserted into my right margin doesn't show up anymore. It used to. The code seems to be still there (I didn't change anything there) and it is in the component list, but it's gone missing. (I tried removing and replacing it, but no luck.)

I see a map on the right sidebar, right above the 'Powered by BlogHarbor' component, is that what you are referring to? Do you not see that?
Dr. K

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Disappearing post! Reply with quote

Quote:

Not sure what I am looking for... What is the issue you see? I see that the last image and link in the post are to Amazon.ca but I don't know what you are expecting to see here...

I see a map on the right sidebar, right above the 'Powered by BlogHarbor' component, is that what you are referring to? Do you not see that?

Fascinating -- both of these turn out to be Firefox viewing problems. When I switched to an Explorer view, they are both fine, as you say.

I have already "fixed" the formatting differences, so I can't test those, but I'm going to assume it's all part of the same problem with viewers.

Sorry for the false alarm and thanks for helping me figure it out!
Note to self: Always change viewers before posting question. Wink

Karen
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Disappearing post! Reply with quote

I think it might have been something your browser cache rather than the browser per se, I was using Firefox when I accessed your page...
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: