BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I think something's missing from a logfile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gristgal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: I think something's missing from a logfile Reply with quote

John,

Although the aggregate number of records, and other things all look okay in my logfile for July 22nd, it looks suspicious to me.

Why? Because there are no POST commands, and I put up two new posts, and revised several old ones. Each one of those operations should have required a POST command to get them up on the site, shouldn't they?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: I think something's missing from a logfile Reply with quote

First, the POST that you see in the logs does not mean POST as in "post an article", it is a type of HTTP request method. An explanation of HTTP request methods is beyond the sphere of support we can provide via these forums; if you would like to read more about the HTTP protocol, this wikipedia article is a great place to start.

Second, the logs contain the data for your blog only, not for the publisher's control panel. Since you post an article with the control panel and not on the blog, your log files will not contain any data related to your posting patterns.
gristgal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the clarification.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: