BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mini-thumb JS disabled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Mini-thumb JS disabled Reply with quote

Hello John,

The layout option - Mini-Thumb JS - in the Category Settings for Photo Album (one of three which are Group by Day, Grid and Mini-Thumb JS) has become disabled on my blog since the Blogharbor maintenance window of June 30th 2006. Instead of loading the images ( in a row of up to nine) small blank boxes appear with the familiar red cross.

I have reverted to grid layout for all my photoalbums at present, but is it possible to restore the Mini-thumb JS layout?

Thanks,
kerry at tasmanianphotographers.blogharbor
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Mini-thumb JS disabled Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I do see that the Mini-JS layout type can be enabled from the control panel, but does not function properly on the blog. I have filed a bug with our developers, thanks again for your pointing this out to us.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Mini-thumb JS disabled Reply with quote

This feature should be back to normal now. Please let us know if you still see any problems.
kerry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Mimi-thumb JS option still faulty Reply with quote

Hello John,

Yes, there is still a problem.

The mini-thumb itself is still a little blank box with red cross. e.g. at:
http://tasmanianphotographers.blogharbor.com/blog/CONVICTISM/AnthonyTrollope

Hover on the mini-thumb and the status bar tells me -
javascript:album.updateSized(1).

Click on the blank mini-thumb and the full-size mage loads (not to its permalink, of course - that requires another click which the reader may not readily discern unless wanting to proceed further to leave a comment.)

Still fixable?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mimi-thumb JS option still faulty Reply with quote

Thanks, Kerry. Looks like some folks should get a lashing with a wet noodle for not testing their fix under Internet Explorer...

Sorry, we screwed up. We'll get this taken care of asap.
kerry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Group by Day also disabled Reply with quote

Hi John,

Perhaps there's more to this problem in this area of the template.

I've also tried the Group by Day option which is the third option in the Layout for PhotoAlbum category settings (Grid and Minithumb JS being the others) and can't seem to figure out how that one works with the subset of options called Article Paging. I noticed nothing happened when choosing the middle button, for example, Articles per page. Mind you, until now, I have never played around with the latter - just the Grid and MinithumbJS.

Many thanks for this reassurance.
kerry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Addenda: Group by Day is functional Reply with quote

Hi John,

Addenda to the last post:

Apologies. The Group by Day option is working on my blog - eg. at -

http://tasmanianphotographers.blogharbor.com/blog/CONVICTISM/Souvenirware

- but the Mini-thumbs JS option in this category too is defective, so it looks as though the problem is restricted to the Minithumbs option per se.

Much appreciated
kerry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Mini-thumbs JS option Reply with quote

Hello John,

The Photo Album category layout option - Mini-thumb JS is now working on my blog.

Just one question (I know I've mentioned this before, but ...). Would it be possible to add another link - in addition to the "LEAVE Comment" link underneath the full-size image in the category view?

Another link such as "More...".

Or even extend the Leave Comment to include "Read More...Leave Comment" for the reader who may not want to leave a comment but who may want to read the information - which is sometimes extensive - that I have posted to accompany the image.

Many thanks
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Mini-thumbs JS option Reply with quote

Just one question (I know I've mentioned this before, but ...). Would it be possible to add another link - in addition to the "LEAVE Comment" link underneath the full-size image in the category view? Another link such as "More...".

Do you mean in when you're using the Grid or Group by Day layout types? There is a thread here which discusses customization of the photo album templates, this may be exactly what you are looking for.
kerry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Whoops, posted the response to your suggested link Reply with quote

Sorry - here's the response to this thread (I posted it to your suggested link by mistake....)

Hello John,

TWO points:

1) In answer to your question - No. I meant the Minithumb JS layout. I would like an extra link underneath the full size image. Would it be possible to do this: add a "More" link (permalink) as in -

Leave Comment | More ...

- and by clicking on it the whole entry loads at its permanent link?

2) I followed and experimented with every move in the extended thread above with Gernot re the Photo by Day layout option and photoalbum by day template.

My first observation (and I've noticed this often) is that trying to alter a template of a separate Category (eg. its own photoalbumbyday template) OTHER THAN A TEMPLATE WITHIN THE MAIN PAGE CATEGORY never works. Nothing happens. So, in order to see any changes to the Photoalbumbyday template for my Category called Main Page > CONVICTISM> Anthony Trollope, I had to alter the photoalbumbyday template in the MAIN PAGE group. This is what I have come to call the tyranny of the MAIN PAGE CATEGORY templates!!

My second observation is that once I DID change the templates per the thread here with Gernot, the article loads, and the photo doesn't, or the photos load as a group, and the the articles load as a another group, but not co-ordinated i.e. photo plus its text, photo plus its text etc next to each other. Also, the breadcrumbs were not active.

So, the code you have posted needs to be reposted showing the WHOLE template code in correct sequencing of photo plus its text, photo plus its text (I have deleted my experiment because it was too messy, so can't show you, unfortunately) if someone really wants this variation.

Cheers, and many thanks for the suggestion.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Whoops, posted the response to your suggested link Reply with quote

I would like an extra link underneath the full size image. Would it be possible to do this: add a "More" link (permalink) as in ...

Unfortunately that is not possible.

My first observation (and I've noticed this often) is that trying to alter a template of a separate Category (eg. its own photoalbumbyday template) OTHER THAN A TEMPLATE WITHIN THE MAIN PAGE CATEGORY never works. Nothing happens. So, in order to see any changes to the Photoalbumbyday template for my Category called Main Page > CONVICTISM> Anthony Trollope, I had to alter the photoalbumbyday template in the MAIN PAGE group. This is what I have come to call the tyranny of the MAIN PAGE CATEGORY templates!!

I think you are misunderstanding the templating system, this is how it's supposed to work...

There's a default set of templates which control the look of all categories, you are referring to these default templates as the "Main Page" templates. When you make a change to one of these default templates, the change is applied to all categories.

Alternatively, you may wish to customize templates on a per category basis. For example maybe you want only your "Anthony Trollope" category to have a specific customization, in that case you could alter any of the templates in that category specifically.

My second observation is that once I DID change the templates per the thread here with Gernot, the article loads, and the photo doesn't, or the photos load as a group, and the the articles load as a another group, but not co-ordinated i.e. photo plus its text, photo plus its text etc next to each other. Also, the breadcrumbs were not active.

When I replaced the photoalbum-byday template with this code and set the album's Layout type to Group by day as explained in this post, the results were as expected and as shown in the photo on that post.

If you follow those instructions and still have a problem, you would need to leave your customizations in place so we could look at the page to see where you might have gone wrong.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: