BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Daily stats vs. current attack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gristgal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Daily stats vs. current attack Reply with quote

John, am I correct in assuming that you've had to delay processing the Saturday stats due to the latest wave of trackback spam?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Daily stats vs. current attack Reply with quote

Not exactly the correct reason, but yes there was a problem with the daily tasks last night and the stats did not get run. We'll catch up shortly.
gristgal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that I have July 30th stats, but not 29th. Do you have any idea when you'll be able to run those for the 29th? It looks bizarre.
gristgal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you're not aware, John:

Something over an hour ago, my logfile for the 29th was about 17kb. It is now up to 56kb; that's about 10% of what it should be, at minimum.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you hit reload in the Web Server Logs page you'll see the file is a little bigger, and if you hit reload again, you'll see it's even bigger again...

Stats for June 29 are being run now; as the master log is split into many thousands of little logs your log file will keep growing in size until we get to the end of the master log and all the splitting is complete.

When you wake up in the morning, we'll be all done with this and your stats file will be complete and ready to download.
gristgal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given how long it took to get us to the point where we had logfiles that we could reliably assume to be complete, I'm sure you can understand how something like this could produce a bit of anxiety.

I have it now; thanks muchly. Smile
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: