BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
By days Paging Type bug
Goto page Previous  1, 2 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any problems with this, when I set your blog to By days paging type and set the Days per page value to 30, it does indeed show 30 days worth of articles. I actually counted. I don't see any problem with this feature, it is working as it is supposed to as far as I can see...
gristgal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when I refreshed it a few minutes ago, it was back to showing all 14 months on one index page. I thought I must have goofed up somehow, so I went back and reset it to posts again. Then I decided I should check here. Idea

If you work on it some more, and change it back again, will you please wait a while and then go back to it (not refresh; open a new tab/window), and see what it's doing then?? Sad I really don't want 250+ listings on one page.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, there's definitely some kind of "intermittent" still here... I'll have the developers review their fix.
gristgal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I hate to be the one to tell you, but it reverted again. So of course I set it back to posts again. I don't think it was doing that earlier this evening, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Sunday.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be true that you are the only user who ever set all of their posts as sticky posts and thus is seeing this problem, but we will find a way to solve this for you. One way or another. I'll let our devs know their solution didn't take care of this for you and see if there's something they can do, like unstick all your posts...
gristgal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate that. I do hope other novices notice this, and are thus spared (sparing you, as well) the hassles. If one can't be a good example, being a bad one is equally instructive, if others are properly warned thereby.
gristgal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything seems to be functioning smoothly now, for which I am enormously grateful, but now I have a question:

I'd like to make one single sticky post to remind readers about the upcoming maintenance outages. If I make that one post sticky, and remove the attribute after the second service date, will it cause a problem in the interim? I don't want to do anything that will affect the now-smooth and correct function of the pagination.

Thanks
gristgal
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to make one single sticky post to remind readers about the upcoming maintenance outages. If I make that one post sticky, and remove the attribute after the second service date, will it cause a problem in the interim?

No, it should not cause any problem.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: