BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Width of columns in page format

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gristgal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Width of columns in page format Reply with quote

I'm thinking of changing some stuff in my "other" column (with a two-column format), and I need to know how many pixels wide that column is, please? I don't want to try to put something there that won't fit. The projected content is 200 pixels wide.

I tried to see that stuff in "look & feel", but couldn't find it. Then I tried the manual, but it gives no details of that sort (possibly because those can be customized?).
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Width of columns in page format Reply with quote

The sidebar on most color schemes is set to be a percentage of the overall page width, but will expand if necessary. It looks like on your blog your sidebar currently has a minimum width of just under 200 pixels, so if you add a component which requires a width of 200 pixels your sidebar column will only expand a few pixels, you probably won't even notice the difference.
gristgal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!!

I had thought it looked as though 200 pixels would fit. Do all of the different styles adjust automatically? It hadn't occurred to me that it would (or ever could) be set to expand to the width of insrted items.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do all of the different styles adjust automatically?

Yes, your columns should expand to accomodate the width of whatever you put in them in any of the color schemes, which might actually be undesirable at times... It's the HTML language itself that's doing the work. By default, most containers will expand as necessary.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: