BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
anyone using the Google Ping service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
des

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: anyone using the Google Ping service Reply with quote

I've just come across the Google ping service. I realise I can ping manually but was interested in setting it to auto. I read through the FAQ and wondered if anyone here has a plain English, 3 step solution
http://www.google.com/help/blogsearch/about_pinging.html

Or if it's not v useful.
Author, 7 Step Business Blog
http://www.7stepbusinessblog.com
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: anyone using the Google Ping service Reply with quote

Google already reads pings from the major ping services such as Weblogs.com, whom we notify (aka ping) whenever you make a post to your blog. So pinging Google when you post an article on your BlogHarbor blog is unnecessary. There won't be any negative impact by sending them a ping, but there won't be any benefit in doing so either.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: