BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Posts not showing up in Technorati

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vbindi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Posts not showing up in Technorati Reply with quote

I have had this problem for some time now... I put Technorati Tags in most of my Blog Articles, and I always Ping Technorait, but none of my articles ever show up in Technorati... A while back I changed the code in my Articles to also Auto Ping Technorati to no avail as well... Wht could I be doing wrong???? ( my blog is www.OCRealEstateBlog.com )
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Posts not showing up in Technorati Reply with quote

This link shows that your blog is indeed contained in the Technorati index, and that they have indexed your most recent post (which does not actually contain Technorati tags, by the way).

FYI, not sure what you meant by this:

while back I changed the code in my Articles to also Auto Ping Technorati to no avail as well

but there's no need for you to ping Technorati, we do it for you whenever you post an article to your blog.
vbindi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Ture --- But Reply with quote

Yes I see those results, but what I'm talking about is when I do a serch in Technorati "in blog posts" I never see my blog posts in the search results... Even when I actually tag my posts with suc tags as "condo" or "A;iso viejo" I still do not see those posts come up in the Technorati search results???
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Ture --- But Reply with quote

I saw the top post on your blog was for Pheasant Creek Condos, so I just did a search at Technorati for that term:

http://www.technorati.com/search/Pheasant%20Creek%20Condos

and it found your blog post just fine. So it looks like your blog posts do in fact appear in search results at Technorati.

If you are looking to find out why a search for a given query does not provide results to your satisfaction, that is something you would need to contact Technorati about. We don't have any information regarding their algorithms.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: