BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to re-sync the archive calendar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbbaGav

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: How to re-sync the archive calendar? Reply with quote

Hi, my BlogHarbor blog uses the Archive Calendar in the left margin, which I believe is supposed to display the days of the month, with any day in the month that contains a post being a link to that day's posts.

The present month's calendar (October) looks ok, but if I look at older months (which I imported into the system about 2 or 3 days ago), the calendar does not properly reflect the days on which there are posts. An example month is May 2005, in which the first visible post of that month is clearly on May 31 but the calendar shows that day as having no post. There are quite a few of these little out-of-sync issues in the rest of that month and others too. Is there something I am supposed to do to "refresh" the calendar control?

I tried looking for a recent answer on the board but only found one entry from someone with a similar sounding problem.

Thanks in advance,

Gavriel (AbbaGav)
gristgal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I looked at your site and read the latest post. I thought about posting the following there, but creating a reader account is a hassle (makes me understand why people don't want to bother to create accounts on my site) . Smile so I thought, why not?:

Is there some reason you couldn't put out a slug trap? Beer is irresistably attractive to them. They die relatively quickly and in a drunken state that presumably precludes suffering. If you search for "slug trap" and "beer", you will find numerous sites with directions, but the best one I saw was http://www.thegardenhelper.com/slugs.html

Good luck,
gristgal
AbbaGav

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just worried if I used the beer trap, I might catch some neighbors instead. But it's not a bad idea. Thanks.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: How to re-sync the archive calendar? Reply with quote

The present month's calendar (October) looks ok, but if I look at older months (which I imported into the system about 2 or 3 days ago), the calendar does not properly reflect the days on which there are posts. An example month is May 2005, in which the first visible post of that month is clearly on May 31 but the calendar shows that day as having no post.

AbbaGav - Looks like there's some kind of issue with updating the calendar during imports... I'll have our developers take a look at this to see if they can figure out what the issue is, thanks for pointing it out.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: reader accounts Reply with quote

I looked at your site and read the latest post. I thought about posting the following there, but creating a reader account is a hassle (makes me understand why people don't want to bother to create accounts on my site) .

gristgal - Looks like there are a couple of things you might not have realized...

First, since you already are a BlogHarbor publisher and have an Admin account, you already have a Reader Account... Think of a Reader Account as simply an account with no specific priveleges on a blog. Your Admin account is an admin account on your blog, but on any other blog in our network it has no specific priveleges and functions as the lowest permissioned account, a Reader Account... You do not need to create a Reader Account on any Blogharbor blog if you already have a Blogharbor blog... Just use your current admin login to identify yourself.

This concept means that you can create group blogs with Multiple Authors, and you can manage any blog you have permission for with your single user account...

Second, you as a publisher do not need to require your user to create a Reader Account. In our System Update 3/11/2006, we enhanced Anonymous Commenting so that readers who do not have a Reader Account can now leave contact information including their Name, Email, and URL along with their comment. The commenters Name and URL will be displayed on the comment, and the email address will be shown in the control panel.

If you have any questions about the above, please post a new thread.
AbbaGav

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John. I appreciate the followup. Hopefully solving this kind of thing will be more fun for the developers than stamping out trackback spam. (I'm sure it's all fun, actually).
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: