BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Viewing Trackbacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Normajean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Viewing Trackbacks Reply with quote

Hello I have been receiving messages about trackbacks and when I had a look there was a title of Obese women in relation to the article about the Breeding Cycle of Pademelons-looked like spam but I could not work out how to view it. I deleted it because the title seemed like spam.
How do you set up the blog so that they can be viewed without dire results
Regards
Normajean Smile
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Viewing Trackbacks Reply with quote

In this case, the spammers sent the trackbacks without a title, so that our control panel was not able to create a link in the normal fashion. I've pointed this case out to our developers so they can handle these types of "title-less" trackbacks appropriately. And by appropriately I mean detect them as spam and drop them instead of passing them into the control panel... Wink
gristgal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the developers can do it, that would be a great improvement, John. I remember that a while back, when I had less experience with the spam trackbacks, I was concerned about not locking out anything legitimate, so I looked at a few of them - and was totally grossed out. Embarassed

gristgal
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: