BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Multi-Author Blogs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgauvin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Multi-Author Blogs Reply with quote

I currently have a group blog in Blogger. Is there a way to import that blog into BlogHarbor while preserving the individual authorship of the old posts?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi-Author Blogs Reply with quote

mgauvin wrote:
I currently have a group blog in Blogger. Is there a way to import that blog into BlogHarbor while preserving the individual authorship of the old posts?

Unfortunately, there is not.
gristgal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, wouldn't they be able to edit the imported posts to fix that?

I realize that if there are a zillion posts, that might not be feasible. OTOH, at an intermediate number of posts, if each author were able to take responsibility for amending their own posts (if nothing else, to put their name or pseudo at the top or bottom), they might still be able to manage it?

Blogware is so superior that I hate to think of anybody not being able to take advantage of it. Smile
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, wouldn't they be able to edit the imported posts to fix that?

Actually, it is not possible to reassign authorship of a post once it is in our system.

Since there is no correlation between user accounts on other systems and user account on our system, we can not assign a post to any author besides the admin during the import process.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: