BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stats problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gristgal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Stats problem Reply with quote

I see that the stats for Saturday aren't up yet, and the server log is truncated. Any idea when things will be finished/fixed/whatever?

Thanks,
gristgal
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Stats problem Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I'll let the admins know about this and see if they can't get the stats updated shortly.
gristgal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, John! You are reliable, and that matters greatly.

There's an improvement - the Saturday server log looks much better. While the size of it is about 100 kb below average, it is within the range of possibility. But without knowing the number of visitors, I can't get a clue whether the server log is plausible or not.

Sunday stats and log are up, and look fine, but still no Saturday stats - and there are two numbers that are important to me: how many people visited my blog, and what searches brought people to it on any given day. The "most popular" listing is also important to me.

Is there a problem? Can I/we (I've no idea how many others have the same problem, if it's 10% or 100%) expect the Saturday stats soon?

Thanks,
gristgal
gristgal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Thanks. My Saturday stats are up now.

But now I see a different problem. The stats say there were 1008 page views, but the server log says 759 records. The records are usually double - or more than double - the page views.

Can you check this out? I hope we're not back to having scraping problems again.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have downloaded the server log file while it was in the process of being regenerated (it takes a long time to rebuild the log files).

I just checked your log file and I see that it has 1352 entries, so everything seems normal now...
gristgal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It stayed at the original size for more than 24 hours; that's why I mentioned it.

Now it's fine; thanks much.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: