BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
blip.tv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
porcellij

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: blip.tv Reply with quote

Tonight my project is to learn how to post videos to blip tv and then embed them in my blogs.

I have multiple questions:

1) Please choose what blogging service or software you use to power your blog. If your particular blogging software or service isn't in the list you can try choosing "Blogger API" or "MetaWeblog API" to see if we can talk to it even though we don't specifically support it.

Blog harbor is not listed - do any of the above work?

2) Please enter the address you visit to administer your blog. This is where you go to change your blog's settings and to post blog entries.

Is this: http://www.blogware.com/admin/index.cgi

3) Please enter the API Endpoint URL for your blog. An API Endpoint URL is the Web address blip.tv uses to talk to your blogging system.

Huh?

Thanks.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: blip.tv Reply with quote

Tonight my project is to learn how to post videos to blip tv and then embed them in my blogs.

Our service is fully compatible with the Metaweblog API as well as Movable Type APIs, so you can typically choose either one of those when setting up a connection with a remote service or blogging client. I tried it myself by first using Metaweblog as the platform type, and did not have any success. When I used Movable Type, the setup went through smoothly. Use these parameters and you should be able to cross post your videos to your BlogHarbor weblog:
For the record, I sent a mail to blip.tv support detailing my setup problems, and they responded promptly and noted that they sometimes have trouble with the Metaweblog API.

Please let us know your experience using this service, I am sure we would all be very interested in hearing your feedback about it.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: