BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Blog Posting from MSWord 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlwaltherjr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Blog Posting from MSWord 2007 Reply with quote

I upgraded to MSOffice 2007 this weekend. One of the features in Word 2007 is the ability to post to a BLOG. It's quite simple to do if your provider is listed. Blogharbor is not. There's still a way to do it, though.

When prompted to register, click on "other." It then provides a box for me to type in an API and another box to enter my blogpost URL.

What is the Blogharbor API and what is my blogpost URL. Is the blogpost URL the same as my blog address, http://thetruefacts.blogharbor.com?

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Joe Walther
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Blog Posting from MSWord 2007 Reply with quote

Our API URL is https://www.blogware.com/xmlrpc.cgi .

As for the "Blog Post URL" I have never heard this term, MS seems to have invented a new word which I assume refers to something we all know by another name (typical)...

I suspect that "Blog Post URL" is the same as the API URL... Can you try it and let us know?
jlwaltherjr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Blog Posting from MSWord 2007 Reply with quote

John said...

"Our API URL is https://www.blogware.com/xmlrpc.cgi .

As for the "Blog Post URL" I have never heard this term, MS seems to have invented a new word which I assume refers to something we all know by another name (typical)...

I suspect that "Blog Post URL" is the same as the API URL... Can you try it and let us know?"

Joe Walther replies...

I should have told you this in my original post, in the API box there are two choices: (1) MetaWeblog and (2) ATM.

I'm going to assume that the Blog Post URL is the same as the one I use when I post to my BLOG. But, I still have no clue as the API.

I appologize for the confusion.

Joe Walther
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Blog Posting from MSWord 2007 Reply with quote

Try entering the URL of our API as the "Blog Post URL": https://www.blogware.com/xmlrpc.cgi . Choose MetaWeblog as the API type. That should work...
jlwaltherjr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Blog Posting from MSWord 2007 Reply with quote

john wrote:
Try entering the URL of our API as the "Blog Post URL": https://www.blogware.com/xmlrpc.cgi . Choose MetaWeblog as the API type. That should work...

I know what they're asking for relative to the Blog Post URL. It's the URL that I use when I post to my blog. I know what that is.

Thank you for the API information.

I have been using BlogJet for the past several months. It's worked flawlessly. I'm a bit hesitant to even try MicroSoft because they screw so many things up beyond belief.

I sometimes post articles that are extremely technical; one that require the use of equations and their derivations. MS Word treats these as objects and it's driving me nuts. When I copy and paste the article to Blogjet, everything shows up by the equations.

I am no computer neophite, but I no programmer, either. I know even less about HTML XHTML or XML or any of the rest of that stuff. I'd just like to post my material and have it show up the way I need it to.

Joe Walther
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Blog Posting from MSWord 2007 Reply with quote

I know what they're asking for relative to the Blog Post URL. It's the URL that I use when I post to my blog. I know what that is.

Just in case it will save you some time, if you're thinking that the Blog Post URL would be the URL of the control panel, that would not be correct.

Like I said, enter our API address here, that is what Microsoft is apparently referring to as the "Blog Post URL". Other tools would refer to the "API Address" or "API Endpoint" but Microsoft has created a new term for this and refers to it as the "Blog Post URL".
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: