BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Reader problem with posting comment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gristgal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reader problem with posting comment Reply with quote

Hi John,

I received a feedback email from a reader who had a problem trying to post a comment. Here's what he said:

"Having signed up for the blog, I submitted the following comments for this story: http://gristandgristle.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2007/3/4/2780306.html

Unfortunately, I seemed to get in an endless loop, of being asked to verify my comments, then submitting, verify, submit, verify submit.."

Can you see if there is anything wrong? He also gave me the body of his comment, and it's one I'd dearly love to have up for others to see.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Reader problem with posting comment Reply with quote

Sounds like he doesn't have a reader account and is trying to post a comment without one, and your blog does not allow anonymous comments.

Try setting your blog to allow anonymous comments; since we added the CAPTCHA image verification there is less risk that enabling anonymous comments will let spammers get through.
gristgal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. He said he "signed up". He identified himself both in the email, and in the comment. I think his purpose is to provide contact information for his organization, which is, apparently, a support group for brain-injured people and their families. There would be no purpose in attempting anonymity.

And given that I now do get occasional comments, it's clear that those willing to identify themselves have no problem. IIRC, I don't even require an addy, yet he gave one.

Is there any way I can post his comment for him? Other than putting it up as a post, or commenting from my ID?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested commenting on your blog, everything works as it's supposed to.

There would be no purpose in attempting anonymity.

I was not suggesting that, only that he might not have realized your blog required someone to signup and login.

Is there any way I can post his comment for him? Other than putting it up as a post, or commenting from my ID?

If you allow anonymous comments as I explained earlier, you can post a comment as anyone. Just make sure you are logged out of the blog before doing so.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: