BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Comments Suddenly Rejected for Harmless Links?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abacquer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Comments Suddenly Rejected for Harmless Links? Reply with quote

As of today I and my readers are getting errors when trying to post comments on my blog that contain harmless links to places like wikipedia or technorati.

I have not made *any* changes to the security settings on my blog.

Has there been a software update or something to improve the security?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Comments Suddenly Rejected for Harmless Links? Reply with quote

There have been no software updates (we're under a "code freeze" right now in anticipation of moving the servers to a new data center in a couple of weeks), but it's possible the keyword filters might have been updated...

You say you are "getting errors when trying to post comments"... What kinds of errors exactly? I just tried to post a few test comments containing links to wikipedia and technorati and I didn't see any errors. How can I replicate this problem?
abacquer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't have the text of the error message saved if that is what you want. I posted a comment on my blog the other day with links to the wikipedia entries for "tags" and "rel-tags", and in response saw a red-outlined box saying something to the effect that my comment had been rejected because it contained "blocked URLs" or some such error.

Eventually I had to remove the links and post the comment with the raw URL's as text hoping that my readers would be savvy enough (or patient enough) to copy and paste them into their navigation bar.

Here's the link to the comment in question:
http://unbecominglevity.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2007/3/22/2826120.html#877386

I can't show you the original error, but perhaps if you turn these URLs back into links and try to post the a comment to my blog, you'll see it as well. Sorry I can't provide more useful information. :-/
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at your blog's Firewall and you have en.wikipedia.org on your own block list. I think that would have been the culprit; remove it and you should be able to add links to en.wikipedia.org in your comments and not have the blog reject them.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: