BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A billion questions, ok only four.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpfromjp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: A billion questions, ok only four. Reply with quote

Hi,

Ok here goes:

Is it possible to be notified of when a new user signs up for an account on a blog, and if so, how.

How come when I give a user access to the main category it gives that user acccess to all categories. I want to post to the Main category and some of the sub categories. None that are secure.

Is it possible to stop being emailed about trackbacks in moderation.

Can I stop trackbacks on a global level. They suck.

Thanks.

Joseph Porcelli

www.neighborsforneighors.org
www.thenametagproject.com
www.bostoncrimewatch.com
www.jpfromjp.com
www.sena9158.com
www.peytonplacerestaurant.com
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: A billion questions, ok only four. Reply with quote

A billion questions, ok only four

Actually, it would help other users to more accurately find the answers to questions they might have if you posed non-related questions separately. That way the search function will return only answers to the questions they are looking for and not other non-related information. Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to be notified of when a new user signs up for an account on a blog, and if so, how.

Sorry, it is not possible.

How come when I give a user access to the main category it gives that user acccess to all categories. I want to post to the Main category and some of the sub categories. None that are secure.

How are you giving them access to the Main Page? Are you granting them Trusted Reader or Trusted Poster access (see Add and Delete Trusted Posters)? You would need to use Custom Permissions to grant a user read or post access to only a specific category.

Is it possible to stop being emailed about trackbacks in moderation.

Yes, it is. In the control panel at Settings & Security > Publishing Defaults > General all the way at the bottom is a box for Notifications. If you don't want to receive notifications when comments are posted or when trackbacks are queued, You can remove any or all of the email addresses in that box and click the Save Settings button to change the people who receive notifications.

Can I stop trackbacks on a global level.

Unfortunately, no. You can disable trackbacks as the default for new posts, though.

They suck.

Yes, they do suck very badly...

But you can simply set your Trackback Spam Protection settings to Automatically delete if trackback is detected as spam, moderate all others and forget about them. They will not appear on your blog and that's the only thing you really need to be concerned about. Never appears on your blog = stop trackbacks on a global level. Yes, I know very well that they are technically not the same thing but the end result is the same as far as your visitors are concerned.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: