BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Logfile, April 12th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gristgal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Logfile, April 12th Reply with quote

Hi John,

My logfile for yesterday is a monster, but it cuts off in the middle of a record. Is processing finished?

Thanks,
gristgal
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Logfile, April 12th Reply with quote

You had an unusually popular article (congrats!) as a result of a link from another site (check your referer stats to see which site) which is the cause for your large log file, but no I don't see any problems with your log file itself. When I download it, it is complete and is not cut off in the middle of a record.
gristgal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know about the referral. I always look at referer lists.

When I can login, I'll download the logfile again and recheck to see if the last record is complete in what I get. Just now, logon was refused. Question Question
gristgal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now know the problem. The download is somehow stopping at a bit past 2.3 MB; it's not downloading the complete 2.82. For now I'll keep trying to download it.

If I remain unable to download it, I'll let you know. In that event, could you send it to me via email? This is frustrating.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you are on a slow modem connection? I wonder if you're on a slow connection and running up against the web server timeout...

If this happens again, you might want to try downloading your logs by ftp. See this page to learn how to access your file area by ftp. SmartFTP is a free FTP program for Windows users.
gristgal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion, and the idea and link. I'm bookmarking it.

My connection is DSL (lite). It's supposed to be pretty fast downloading, and I don't have trouble with videos. This is the first time I've had a problem with a download. I've downloaded software that was ten times that size. But it happened twice, so I figured I'd say something.

And thanks for sending me the file. That was generous of you to do it without my even asking.

I had a spell tonight when everything - every site I tried to go to - wasn't going anywhere. It finally dawned on me what the date was. I have a feeling a lot of people are doing their taxes, and filing electronically, this weekend. If I'm right, the odds are that things could be kinda weird here inside the U.S. for a couple more days - until midnight Tuesday, Pacific Time, to be precise. Razz

gristgal
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: