BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Feed autodiscovery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Feed autodiscovery Reply with quote

I am now burning my feed through Feedburner, and changed the link tag in my base template to point to the Feedburner feed address for my blog. However, both Firefox and IE7 "find" 2 feeds for my blog -- the Feedburner feed and my regular Blogharbor feed.

How are they finding the regular (non-Feedburner) feed if I have removed that line from the base template, and is there any way I can prevent that from happening?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Feed autodiscovery Reply with quote

If you have this:

Code:
{{include name="system_head.html"}}

in your base template, you are allowing the system to send the default content for the head area, so if you've customized the base template you would probably want to remove this code.

These links offer a little more background:

http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?p=3737#3737
http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?p=6758#6758

Let us know if you have any specific questions about making the change. I would add a comment before and after the system_head include, and then look at the source code of your blog after you do so. That will help you see what code it is generating so that when you remove it you know if you need to add any additional code to your template.
Robin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John!
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: