BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tagging and Pinging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
estrella

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Tagging and Pinging Reply with quote

Hi everyone
I am new here just signed up for the 30 day trial- I am deciding on whether to use Blogharbor or another paid platform for my new project, so far I am going more for Blogharbor as the price is much friendlier and it seems easy for a dummy like myself, plus the support seems fantastic- however I wondered about 'tagging and pinging,' is there a plugin/tool on blogharbor that does this automatically or do we have to log into the tag and ping sites and do that automatically- and is it necessary or helpful?

Thanks so much for any help.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Tagging and Pinging Reply with quote

As for tagging, according to this page, Technorati will interpret your category names as tags. So if you make a post to a category named Baseball, Technorati will interpret that the same as if you had tagged the post with the Baseball label.

You can also implement this technique to use our keyword system as Technorati tags. The main drawback to that would be that our keyword system does not permit the use of phrases, only single words.

If you want fine control over tags, I'd suggest using a blogging client such as ecto, Blogjet, or Qumana.

As for pinging, we do send pings on your behalf when you create a new article.
estrella

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks john, sorry the capital thing on my laptop decided not to work...so basically that is more or less all done for us--no need to pay hefty membership fees for it...so in other words can i just make a post or build a page and forget about it, or do i have to do tags and pings and things Question

when i signed up for the trial i just put in a sample name as i wanted to look at the features and ease of use...can i now delete that and put in my true intention or should i just resign up with a different username for the paid version? sorry to be a pain, but thanks for all your useful replies in the forum.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i just make a post or build a page and forget about it

Short answer is, it is not strictly necessary to tag your page and we already ping for you. So you can just start blogging.

when i signed up for the trial i just put in a sample name

If you want a new username and you don't have much on your trial blog, the easiest thing to do would be to create a new trial.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: