BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Newbie here with 2 Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kellie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Newbie here with 2 Questions Reply with quote

Very Happy

1. I have the "Blog Name" component set to show in the left hand column but it's not showing.

2. I created a category under the "Secure" section and now the secure folder and the one I created are both not showing on my page.

It should say

Main Page
> Secure
> Members Only

The url is http://lnjnw.blogharbor.com/blog

Help!

Thanks in advance,
Kellie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie here with 2 Questions Reply with quote

On your particular blog Color Scheme, the blog name component is designed to be white, as it will typically sit in the header over a blue background.

Since you placed the component in the left sidebar which has a white background, it is not visible (white on white)...

Changing the colors for a specific object type is a little tricky, but there are instructions here which explain how to modify the articleTitle class in CSS, which allow you to change the font, size, color, etc. of the title of an article. Instead of the articleTitle, you will need to change the componentBlogname class:

Here's an example to get you started:

Code:
.componentBlogname {
    color: blue;
}
div.componentBlogname a:link,
div.componentBlogname a:visited,
div.componentBlogname a:active
{
}
div.componentBlogname a:hover {
}

A useful list of valid colors and names is here:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp
kellie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: ok..almost there Reply with quote

Hi John,

That explains why I can't see it! Laughing However, I do want it to show against the blue like it used to, so I would add the "blog name" component back to the header to achieve this?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: ok..almost there Reply with quote

Yes, you could do that.
kellie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Problem Reply with quote

It doesn't seem to allow me to add that component to the header. Sad
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem Reply with quote

Remove the one in your sidebar first.
kellie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

That worked! Many thanks Very Happy
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: