BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Subscribe problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. K

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Subscribe problems Reply with quote

I have had several people tell me they had difficulty with the Subscribe function.

One would complete the form, click to submit, and be brought back to that page repeatedly. they eventually left a comment as "anonymous", but that ws not what they wanted to do.

Another has attempted to subscribe several times, but never receives the confirmation email to complete her subscription. She did check her spam filter, but nothing...

I have to admit I look longingly at TypePad's easy (for the reader) commenting and subscription process. Is there any way to simplify what we have?

One thing I tried as a work-around for updating, at least, was using Zookoda. This seemed to work for one blog, but not for a second I have. The error message they gave me was "No Feeds were discovered in the feed source provided". I checked and double-checked the url address, but this was fine. How can I have the second blog accessed?

Thanks -- I have a Board group of grumpy members -- I've been bugging them to subscribe, but when they try, it doesn't work. Ideas?

Thanks for any help --

Karen
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Subscribe problems Reply with quote

I have had several people tell me they had difficulty with the Subscribe function. One would complete the form, click to submit, and be brought back to that page repeatedly. they eventually left a comment as "anonymous", but that ws not what they wanted to do.

My first reaction here would be that Subscribing and Commenting are 2 entirely separate functions. Someone who had trouble subscribing would already have their own Reader Account so I can't see why they would have any issues commenting...

So I think you or your readers may be confused about how things work. If you could explain your issues in terms of the following:
  • Here's what I (or my readers) did
  • Here's what I (or my readers) expected to happen
  • Here's what happened instead
That would help us to understand where your expectations are not intersecting with the actual functionality.
watzzupsport

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I am having the same problem every time I click on the comment tagg it just does a refresh of the page. Also even though I have dragged the log in, componant into the active view it does not come up regards Russell
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I am having the same problem every time I click on the comment tagg it just does a refresh of the page.

I visited your blog and everything seems to work as it is suppposed to... Can you clarify what you mean here using the 3 steps:
  • Here's what I did
  • Here's what I expected to happen
  • Here's what happened instead
That would help us to figure out what you're referring to.

Also even though I have dragged the log in, componant into the active view it does not come up

When I visit your blog, I see the Login component. Remember, if you are already logged in, you will not see the Login box, it is only displayed to users who are not logged in.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: