BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Announcing PressHarbor, Next Generation WordPress Hosting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caribousmom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I lied - I have another question.

I opened a free WordPress blog to play with features....it is not clear to me whether or not it allows photo albums (it doesn't appear to allow them...just slide shows embedded in posts. Will PressHarbor allow photo albums like Blogharbor does?

Also, in Wordpress, you are only allowed 9 text widgets for sidebars...will those also be restricted in PressHarbor?

Thanks!

Wendy
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our default is to not import drafts, for some reason drafts are not handled well during imports. Your best bet is just to save copies of any drafts you've made and manually add them to your new blog.
caribousmom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

I registered for Press Harbor this morning and would like to migrate my blog - what do I need to do to start that process? Was registering all I need to do for now?

Thank you!
Wendy
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After registering you will need to place an order for hosting. I just sent you complete instructions by email.
caribousmom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John, I got it and will start following the instructions Smile

Wendy
rv-boondocker-explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Can Pressharbor put Recent Photos in side column? Reply with quote

I like how (blogware-based) BlogHarbor puts "Recent Photos" in a side column.

I haven't really noticed any wordpress-based blogs doing the same thing. Does wordpress have that capability?

That's what keeping me from migrating to wordpress-based PressHarbor.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Pressharbor put Recent Photos in side column? Reply with quote

Wordpress only gained an internal Gallery feature with the most recent version, 2.5. I don't know if there is a built-in type of recent photos component but there's probably a plugin to do that. And there are a lot of plugins which would do a recent photos type thing from your Flickr account...
AuthorGal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: stick with blogharbor? Reply with quote

Quote:

Just to followup on this point: while the migration would not be effortless, it should be relatively painless... We do all the heavy lifting for you, we'll move all your articles and files.

So, do I understand correctly that we lose both sidebars completely and no pictures will show on posts that we've put up over the last 5 years if we migrate? In addition, we lose all webpages?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: stick with blogharbor? Reply with quote

AuthorGal wrote:

So, do I understand correctly that we lose both sidebars completely and no pictures will show on posts that we've put up over the last 5 years if we migrate? In addition, we lose all webpages?

Not exactly. Yes, you would need to recreate the sidebars. No, you are not correct that no pictures will show on posts, and yes, WebPages are not migrated, only articles.
AuthorGal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Setting up the template Reply with quote

So, let's say I've set up my PressHarbor account.

1) I assume the next step would be to upload the template I'm going to use, right?

2) Then, once my template is uploaded, I can change the colors using the CSS?

3) Then I can rebuild the sidebars?

4) Then I can ask you to migrate the old BlogHarbor blog?

In other words, can I get the new blog designed before you do the migration, or will the migration wipe out all the work I've done on the new blog?

Or do I have to do the migration first and have all my adjustments done as our readership moves over to the new blog and watches the whole thing come together?

Thank you.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Setting up the template Reply with quote

can I get the new blog designed before you do the migration

Yes you can.

or will the migration wipe out all the work I've done on the new blog?

Migrating the content would have no effect on your theme.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: