BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Being Harassed by Commenter, What Do I Do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abacquer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Being Harassed by Commenter, What Do I Do? Reply with quote

So I have a commenter who is rather cowardly leaving insulting comments on my blog on a daily basis as an anonymous user. All I know for sure about the individual is they are connecting to my site via Verizon.

But their IP address changes every day and so "Delete and Block" is useless. They aren't going to stop coming back.

Knowing their IP addy and the time they posted the comment should be enough for Verizon to identify them I suppose but I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone offer any advice?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Being Harassed by Commenter, What Do I Do? Reply with quote

My only suggestions would be to alter your Spam Protection Settings to disallow anonymous Reader comments and/or set Comment Moderation to Always moderate.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: