BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
stormwatchnews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eppyharmon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: stormwatchnews Reply with quote

The hits on my site www.epharmony.com jumped up daily during the first week of July by about 5,000 hits a day more than usual, and it all seems to be coming off a browser called "stormwatchnews" . Is this a problem I should know something about or be doing something about? If it doesn't mean I have a lot of new readers, then it's kind of misleading and I'd like to know what it means. Do I (or you) need to do something about it...? Is it like spam? I've googled it briefly but can't make much sense of it....

Thanks for any help you can give me.... Eppy Harmon/Nancy Pace Confused
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: stormwatchnews Reply with quote

Looks like it is some kind of overanxious RSS bot, it's checking your RSS feed times a minute... I'll see if I can get in touch with the service that owns this bot to see if they can ease up a bit.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: stormwatchnews Reply with quote

FYI, the company that runs this bot (www.skygrid.com ) did reply to my request and was very gracious, they agreed that the scanning was too aggressive and will be correcting that promptly. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: