BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Restricted Blog Content

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorGal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Restricted Blog Content Reply with quote

I have several questions regarding the restricted blog content.

1) If I set information up within a restricted area, does that mean that the search engines cannot ping it and that it won't show up on Google?

2) I was thinking of using a system like this: I set up a new reader account and give myself access to the restricted content under the other log in name. Then, when I share with reading committees across the country where they can preview my books before making a decision on whether to buy for their school systems, I just give out that one log in name and password so everyone on the committees can access the restricted content without having to set up separate accounts and be approved by me. Is there anything that would prevent this system from working?

3) If this system were to function, how many people could log in under the same account at the same time?

Thank you.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Restricted Blog Content Reply with quote

> If I set information up within a restricted area, does that mean that the search engines cannot ping it and that it won't show up on Google?

Yes, it does mean that.

> I was thinking of using a system like this: I set up a new reader account and give myself access to the restricted content under the other log in name. Then, when I share with reading committees across the country where they can preview my books before making a decision on whether to buy for their school systems, I just give out that one log in name and password so everyone on the committees can access the restricted content without having to set up separate accounts and be approved by me. Is there anything that would prevent this system from working?

Any one who has the reader account could delete the reader account or change its password, rendering the entire system non-functional.

> If this system were to function, how many people could log in under the same account at the same time?

I don't know if there is any limit.

In any case, for the reason noted in #2 above, I would suggest creating a reader account for each of the committees you want to provide access to. Create a group which has permissions to the restricted category, and every time you create a new reader account for this purpose, assign it to the group. Now if you want to add a new restricted category in the future, you just need to give the group access to the category and not each individual user.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: