BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Autopinging blo.gs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abacquer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Autopinging blo.gs? Reply with quote

When I post new articles, blo.gs doesn't appear to update, even though I've checked it off as a site to notify. Confused Does anyone know of any issues with blo.gs pinging?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Autopinging blo.gs? Reply with quote

Abacquer - I am not aware of any issues regarding pinging blo.gs, but I will look into this for you.
abacquer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Autopinging blo.gs? Reply with quote

john wrote:
Abacquer - I am not aware of any issues regarding pinging blo.gs, but I will look into this for you.

Thanks John,

There's definitely something up. I've updated my blog every day, but blo.gs doesn't seem to notice unless I ping it manually. I shouldn't have to do that.
abacquer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Other Weirdness Reply with quote

When I ask Technorati when my blog was last updated it says:

Quote:
Unbecoming Levity
Blog last updated ago. Query took 0.497 seconds

Shouldn't there be a number before "ago"?

Unless I'm mistaken, my updates don't appear to be showing up in blogrolling.com or weblog.com either? Weird.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like there have been some issues with blo.gs and the other services we ping for new article notification. Weblogs.com appears to have more capacity so is more responsive, but the other sites occasionally do not respond to pings, and are pinged again one minute later for good measure. Looks like growing pains for these services, so things are being adjusted on our side to ensure that these services do receive proper notification.
abacquer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john wrote:
Seems like there have been some issues with blo.gs and the other services we ping for new article notification. Weblogs.com appears to have more capacity so is more responsive, but the other sites occasionally do not respond to pings, and are pinged again one minute later for good measure. Looks like growing pains for these services, so things are being adjusted on our side to ensure that these services do receive proper notification.

Yeah I did a check of all the blogharbor logs mentioned on blo.gs today, many of them were updated multiple times but they only show up once, so if someone updated at 7AM and again at 7PM only the 7AM one shows up. Weird. They won't start to ignore our pings if we ping them repeatedly will they?

When I pinged blo.gs tonight it said my weblog hadn't changed, when clearly it had. Weirdness.

Thanks for looking into it.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abacquer wrote:
They won't start to ignore our pings if we ping them repeatedly will they?

No, I would not expect them to ignore pings unless the term repeatedly means so often that it caused disruptions to their service. And if you are updating your blog that frequently, you should probably rest a bit. Take some time off, go to the movies.
abacquer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: frequent blogging Reply with quote

john wrote:
abacquer wrote:
They won't start to ignore our pings if we ping them repeatedly will they?

No, I would not expect them to ignore pings unless the term repeatedly means so often that it caused disruptions to their service. And if you are updating your blog that frequently, you should probably rest a bit. Take some time off, go to the movies.

Hee hee hee hee. Laughing

I just started my blog about 7 days ago and since then I've written 29 articles... I think I have beginner's blogging bug--no idea what to write about so I write about everything. I expect that will settle down over time... heck it's been almost 9 hours since 3/24 began and I haven't written anything. Hmm. That sounds like something to write about... Wink
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: