BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How do I utilize my won style sheets for my blog?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saltwaterpizza

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: How do I utilize my won style sheets for my blog? Reply with quote

Hi! I'd like to use my own style sheet with the blog so I can mimic the look and feel of the rest of my site. Is this possible iwth blogharbor?

Thanks!

Scott
saltwaterpizza

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I figured out how to do it partially, but it won't give me complete control over the style sheet. It only lets me add in my own additions. This is useful, but not exactly what I need. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Scott
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott - The system starts out with certain built in styles which provide the basis and foundation of the ability to change the appearance of your weblog.

You can override any style by altering it in the style template. So when you say It only lets me add in my own additions, that is not exactly true, you can add your own additions of course (if you are going to use those styles in body of your articles), but you can override any of the default styles by entering your modifications in the Custom CSS textarea of the style template.

This approach, having a default stylesheet reserved by the system but still modifiable by you, allows us to create new style classes when new features and components are released and these new classes immediately propagate to all of our weblogs.

If you are looking to alter the names of the classes output by the system, you could alter base or article templates but that would not work entirely, since not all of the system templates are exposed via the custom template system, so you would not be able to modify each and every instance of the HTML for an article for example. It would be a better idea to alter the style of the existing classes than to try and alter the HTML to output different classes.

Hope this is helpful!
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: