BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Moving Photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyle93815

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Moving Photos Reply with quote

I might be missing something, but is there a way to move multiple photos from one album to another, all at once?

I've been moving them one by one, which is a little tedious.

Thanks!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Moving Photos Reply with quote

Not possible at this time, but it's a good feature request. We'll make a note of it...
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving Photos Reply with quote

One other thing I just realized: You could have created a new Photo Album and simultaneously added existing photos from other albums using the Import used photos option. Then you could have deleted the unwanted ones out of the original album...

Now he tells me... Rolling Eyes
Kyle93815

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good idea. Hmm...would captions and descriptions come with the photos moved? I'll have to check. I'd hate to have to type all of that stuff again. I can only generate one decent comment per photo.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested it and the title and caption are imported as well...
abacquer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about rearranging the photos within a single album? If I upload them out of order and want the thumbnails arranged differently, is there any way to do that?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abacquer wrote:
What about rearranging the photos within a single album? If I upload them out of order and want the thumbnails arranged differently, is there any way to do that?

Login to the control panel, then click on the Article & Photo Manager tab. Click through the Category Tree on the left side of the page, the folder view of your categories, until the Category you wish to manage is highlighted.

Now look at the OPTIONS row on the top navigation bar; you'll see the following options: View Content | Category Settings | Category Security | Layout Manager | Templates. Click on Category Settings.

You'll come to a new page which allows you to control and fine tune the layout of your photo album. Look at the area labeled PhotoAlbum Properties and you'll see some useful options. The one you will be interested in is Sort photos where you can choose the following options:

Date published in chronological order
Date published in reverse chronological order
Custom order
Capture date in chronological order
Capture date in reverse chronological order

You will probably want to choose Custom order and click Save Changes. Now let's go back to re-order the images in a custom order: click on View Content from the top OPTIONS row.

There will now be forward and backward arrows on the thumbnail view of your album. Choose an arrow to move the image up or down the list of images.
abacquer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, that worked like a charm, thanks!!!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to move photos from one album to another was added a while back, so I am updating this thread to show how:

1) Click on the Post Manager tab in the control panel. On the left side of the screen will be a tree representing the hierarchy of your blog. Click on the Photo Album containing the photos you want to move, and then click on the photo itself.

2) Now you're on the Edit Photo page. On the right side of the screen in the Photo Options box is the list of categories the photo is assigned to. Check the box for the category you want to add the photo to, and uncheck the box for the category you want to remove the photo from. Then click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: