BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
problem with international characters in searches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abmist

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: problem with international characters in searches Reply with quote

i am trying to publish my blog in turkish. Everything seems fine from the point of view of character encoding (article posts and comments seem to pose no problem);

however, when i try to do a search from the main page, the search will return results only if there exist no turkish characters within the search string; in other words, no words containing turkish characters are recognized from within the search box.

the search feature is vital to the site i am trying to make, so i would really appreciate if I could get help on this.

On the other hand, is there a way I could make the translations appear for automatic items such as "MAIN PAGE" and "Home" instead of these default titles/links that show up on the page?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with international characters in searches Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the Search function can not properly search for international characters at this time.

While it is not currently possible to change the name of the Main Page category, you can change the name of the Home link for example by modifying the Home Component. This article

http://demo.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2003/12/26/10894.html

shows you how to modify the Blog Name component: use this technique to modify any of the components of your page.

There are also a number of templates that control for example, the text used in an article, the text used for the comment area, etc. This article gives a brief introduction to modifying these templates:

http://demo.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2004/1/13/13732.html

Read through the Tips and Tricks forum here, there are a few threads on this very topic which should provide some more information; if you've got any specific questions about modifying templates, please post them in that forum.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: