BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Creating photo albums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onisac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Creating photo albums Reply with quote

After I set up a series of photo albums with the main photo album as "parent", I wanted to add some more albums. Prior to this I had placed some photos in the other album. As I try to create more "sub-albums" it tries to import all photos already posted into the new album. I do not want to do this but it won't let me delete the default selection to do this. How can I avoid the import of photos from already created albums?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Creating photo albums Reply with quote

When you create a new sub-album, a list of photos is given in a select box with the label Import used photos. The system is offering the option to import those images if you wish to do so.

The images are not selected automatically, that is if you do not click any of those images then they will not be imported. The default is that no images are selected, so while the system does offer to import the images you do not have to do anything in order to have the album created without any imports.

If you do want to import an image, then click on the name of the image; it will become highlited and will be imported to that category. If you want to unselect an image, control click on Windows or command click on Mac and the image will be de-selected. If you want to select/de-select multiple images on import, then use this control click/command click technique. (FYI, whenever you see a selectable text area like this on any website, this control click/command click technique will work.)

So the statement that the system "tries to import all photos" is not really true, I would say it offers to import any or all photos from the parent category. If you do nothing, then no images will be imported, you have to explicitly select images in order for them to be imported.
Onisac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Got it. Thought I had to delete then from the box so what was happening was I was clicking it on to delete, it wouldn't delete, but it remained clicked on and so imported it. Thanks a bunch. Very Happy
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: