BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RSS Newslink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PatPatten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: RSS Newslink Reply with quote

I read the article about using the RSS. I downloaded the code but don't know how to access the HTML or where to put the code to make it work?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: RSS Newslink Reply with quote

Pat - Do you mean the Add RSS Headlines to your Weblog article? If so, the article explains how to create some Javascript code using the RSS Javascript Generator form. Once you have that code, you need to create a component (a block of stuff that appears in the sidebar of your weblog) which will display the results of that javascript: Read the section Adding the Javascript to your Weblog which will explain how to do that.

If something in there is not working for you, let us know what part and we'll step through it with you.
PatPatten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: I just don't get it Reply with quote

I am trying to locate how and where to put this rss code. I read the article, but you make assumptions that people have the same level of knowledge as you do. I need detailed step by step, click by click instructions on how to navigate to the exact spot once I have generated the code. Your article says go to the control panel. Well that's hard to find. If you had drop down menus for things that would be so much more helpful. I just am so frustrated and spending hours trying to figure stuff out on this site, that I am about to give up. I just can't imagine that it is this difficult to do. I am a novice at blogging but if it can't be made more user friendly, I am going to give up. Please tell me how to navigate exactly once I have logged in to get to the location to add the rss code. Thank you.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: I just don't get it Reply with quote

Pat - Sorry that you are so frustrated. We really do try to make this as easy as we possibly can, and we do try to post detailed How To articles and provide a useful User's Manual.

In the Add RSS Headlines to your Weblog article where we wrote Login to the BlogHarbor Control Panel, that would be the same Control Panel where you are already posting your articles. That's the same Control Panel you can login to by clicking on the Login tab on the top of our web site.

The rest of the steps for adding RSS on your site should be exactly as described in the article.

If you have any further questions about adding RSS on your site, let us know at what step you have the problem. Are you able to follow step one and access the control panel and click on the Look and Feel tab? Are you able to get through step two and Click on the Advanced tab? Etc.

Let us know exactly what part of what step is not working or confusing you and we will do our best to help you out.
ianbruk44

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Trouble changing custom component title Reply with quote

I changed the title of a custom component but it does not seem to change on my weblog.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Trouble changing custom component title Reply with quote

ianbruk44 wrote:
I changed the title of a custom component but it does not seem to change on my weblog.

When editing your component in the Admin Control Panel, the Name field is used only to help you identify Components within the Layout Manager, it will not be output into your weblog. To change the HTML which appears in the custom component, change the code in the Content field. The contents of the Content field will appear on your page.

If you have any questions about this issue, please create a new thread rather than replying to this message, since this thread was about a different topic... To create a new thread, click on the New Topic button.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: