BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Inviting New Readers and Posters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dforbush

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Inviting New Readers and Posters Reply with quote

I've read the tutorials and am still confused about how people can sign up for my blog and how I can invite new users to join the blog.

First, may I send an invitation outside of the system (via my own email distribution list) to come to the URL I supply and register? It appears I can. Readers just come to the URL and register. This will enable them to read items and post comments. If they want to receive postings at their email address, they just go to "subscribe." Yes?

To invite a Trusted Poster, is it necessary for me to first list a user and then invite a user? Or may I just key an email address into "invite user" and send?

Thanks...
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Inviting New Readers and Posters Reply with quote

dforbush wrote:
First, may I send an invitation outside of the system (via my own email distribution list) to come to the URL I supply and register? It appears I can. Readers just come to the URL and register. This will enable them to read items and post comments. If they want to receive postings at their email address, they just go to "subscribe." Yes?

Yes, exactly. I think you are not as confused as you think you are. Wink

dforbush wrote:
To invite a Trusted Poster, is it necessary for me to first list a user and then invite a user? Or may I just key an email address into "invite user" and send?

You can add a Trusted Poster to your weblog, it's not an invite if you see what I mean... You as the blog owner must explicitly add a Trusted Poster to your weblog, it's not something someone can sign up for.

You can add a user as a Trusted Poster if you know their username, or you can create a New User yourself and give that user Trusted Poster status if you wish. The article Adding and Deleting Trusted Posters from the manual should give you all the information you need on adding trusted posters.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: