BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Post articles for dates in the future

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Post articles for dates in the future Reply with quote

we need the ability to post documents for a date in the future. is there a reason to disallow this functionality or is it not provided because on the surface it doesn't make sense?

specific example is that there are web zines that publish information on the web ahead of actual publish date. we need to put the publish date on the information but blogharbor disallows it.

thx
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Post articles for dates in the future Reply with quote

It is not currently possible to "post to the future". An upcoming upgrade to the system will allow posting to the future, but the feature will be primarily intended to allow articles to be posted now but automatically appear on the blog only when that future date is passed. So you can create the press release that you don't want to go out until tomorrow at 3 PM, then forget about it and it will automatically appear at the future time you specify.

If you need to post documents with a more customized design, one alternative would be to create that as a web page rather than an article. Go to the Post tab then click on the Web Page subtab in the Options row.

The web page document is a more "free form" type of document which you can create; it uses the same look and feel as the rest of your site, but will not show the post date, author, title, etc. Just create your HTML and your current design will "wrap around" that document.
cd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not have two check boxes that says "appear in future" and "appear now" since you are including the functionality in the system?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion, the feature is a ways off but we are considering the options with respect to this capability and do appreciate your input.
kroddy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently posting from Yap State, in the Federated States of Micronesia, +1 day from the US - When I submit a post, I choose the date stamp for Pacific-Yap. This ensures that the actual time and date I post is correct in my time zone, though when I look at my blog, it registers that I posted a day ago...

Kevin
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin - From here, everything looks correct. The date/time of the articles that you posted are on Yap time, but when you log into your blog control panel, you should be seeing things in Hawaii time*. If you want to change the setting you see in your blog control panel do it from Settings & Security > Publishing Defaults > General and you will see that your blog has a default time zone...

If you have any questions about this, send us a support request and we will clarify it for you.

*about an hour later than you said you would be there, Hawaiians know what I mean
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: