BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sticky post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pembeci

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Sticky post Reply with quote

Is there a way to have a post which always stays at the top for a given category? I know it is not an official feature but can we do it somehow?
I am still learning what I can do with my blog and with each post I read, I feel more in command of my blog so I wonder if this is also doable.

This should be very useful if you have some unusual categories and you want to welcome the reader with an explanation of the category (or your blog at main page). You can do it with a short text and a link at the header but a sticky post with an expert will be better I think.

I also wonder if the blogs are generated on demand dynamically. Then may be you can have a flag at a post and the blog software could assign its time dynamically as the current system date/time when loaded if the flag is on.

Thanks.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Sticky post Reply with quote

We do not have the capability to do a sticky post at this time, but we will add that to the feature request list.

You can as an alternative, republish the post you want to be sticky. Republish it with the current date (look at the bottom of the Edit Article page for that post) and it will float to the top of the category.

Another way to get around this limitation would be to modify the category template for that particular category. Our system allows you to have category-specific templates, so you could modify the category template for that category and have specific text you want to appear at the top of the article listing. A bit more complex this method is, which one you choose depends really on the look you want to achieve.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: