BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can't post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markerman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Can't post Reply with quote

I have been posting articles for a month or so and suddenly today I can not post. Everything appears properly but when I click save the new post is not there. Any ideas?

Thanks
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't post Reply with quote

Are you posting from the same computer, using the same browser? That seems strange that today you can not post... Contact us with the browser type and version and OS type and version if you are still having problems. Describe the problem with as much specificity as you can and we'll try to track the problem down for you...

The best web browsers for use with the BlogHarbor system are the browsers in the Mozilla family. These browsers include:

Recent versions of any of these browsers are compatible with the Rich Text Editor used at BlogHarbor, and will provide an excellent experience with your weblog control panel.

Mac OS 8.6 and 9.x users will find the Wamcom version of Mozilla 1.3.1 to be an excellent browser; in our opinion the Wamcom Mozilla is the best browser for Mac users who have not made the switch to OS X.
Belto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Can't post...again - www.crawdaddycove.com Reply with quote

Hi, I'm having the same problem, not being able to post. I enter the article, click save, and I'm brought back to the Article Manager page (where the new article does not show up), and my article does not post. When I click "back" to get back to the post page, my excerpt-summary is still there, as is the title.... but the article is lost. I had this same problem last week. At that time, I just waited a few hours and tried again, and it worked. How can I avoid this in the future? BIg time waster. Thanks so much.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Can't post...again - www.crawdaddycove.com Reply with quote

We're trying to determine what might be causing this... It does seem curious that you were able to log back in a few hours later and post. Can you try this - logout of your blog control panel by clicking on the LOGOUT link at the top of the control panel. Log back in and make a post: Does the problem persist?

If the problem persists, please let us know what browser and browser version you are using, under which operating system, and whether you have the Rich Text Editor enabled or not.
Belto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Posting woes, getting me down, man... Reply with quote

Having the same old problems again..... Everything looks fine, I write the article and the title and add the excerpt, then click on "save" and I'm brought to the Articles page and my post has NOT been saved. And when I go to the blog, it's not there. In fact, my entire article disappears when I return to it.... although the title and the excerpt remain. I have learned to never write a post in the posting field, because 9/10 times, I'll lose it. Instead, I write it in Microsoft Word and then cut and paste it. In the past, I have simply waited until the next day and tried again, and eventually it works. But the time that is wasted trying to post.... well, it's too much. I'm using a 6-month old Dell desktop that is running Microsoft XP and my browser is Microsoft Internet Explorer. I have tried "logging out" first, but that hasn't worked. In fact, when I click on "log out" I am brought to a page that asks me to log in... so I'm not sure if I'm ever even logging out in the first place.... any help you can give me would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
belto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: came back, tried again, and it worked Reply with quote

Somehow, it worked a half-hour later when I tried to re-post my article at www.crawdaddycove.com. Any ideas about what might be going wrong when my articles are NOT posting? Many thanks!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: came back, tried again, and it worked Reply with quote

First, you are correct: if you Logout, you are brought back to the Login page. So that is normal behavior. If you can not access the control panel anymore, then you should be logged out. Quit your browser just to be sure.

And just so I can be sure about the problem, you say:

belto wrote:
click on "save" and I'm brought to the Articles page and my post has NOT been saved... my entire article disappears when I return to it.... although the title and the excerpt remain

So you mean that the article IS created but with a blank body, right?

As for this problem, we have been unable to duplicate it here: we can not seem to create whatever set of circumstances that lead up to this. You note that eventually it works, I think this is the key to figuring out what is causing the problem. Are you doing anything differently the 30 minutes later or the next day when it does work? Are you cutting and pasting one time and typing into the browser the next? Is the Rich text editor enabled one time and not the next time (try disabling the rich-text editor under the Settings tab to see if this solves your problem)? Does restarting the computer solve it? Does quitting the browser cure it?

If you can provide some additional clues perhaps there is something that will provide us with the info which will unravel this mystery...
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: came back, tried again, and it worked Reply with quote

And just to be clear on this, when you post an article successfully, you are supposed to end up back on the Dashboard page... So being brought back to the Dashboard is not an error. When this happens, do you see the text Article posted at the top left underneath the tab bar?

Just trying to verify what is happening, as you say that you can return to the article and the title and the excerpt remain. So the article does get posted, but there is no body, only the excerpt and title, correct?

Are you saying Nothing at all is saved to the blog or An article with an empty body but a title and excerpt is saved to the blog?
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: