BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RSS excerpt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: RSS excerpt Reply with quote

My RSS-feed works just fine. But when I receive the feed, I get the hole message, incuding illustrations and body text. I really would like to get just the headline and (perhaps) excerpt. I use NewsGator in Outlook, and all the other feeds I get are just headlines.
What can I do?
Kim
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: RSS excerpt Reply with quote

Kim wrote:
My RSS-feed works just fine. But when I receive the feed, I get the hole message, incuding illustrations and body text. I really would like to get just the headline and (perhaps) excerpt. I use NewsGator in Outlook, and all the other feeds I get are just headlines.
What can I do?
Kim

Our service and many other blogging software and services send the full text of an article in the RSS feed. Commercial publishers often send an excerpt to you instead of the full text so that you will visit their web site and they can track you and show you an advertisement...

Modifying your Blogharbor blog's RSS feed to send excerpts is not yet an option. However, there is a service called FeedBurner which can modify your RSS feed in many different ways, including converting the full text to an excerpt:

http://www.feedburner.com/

This service may be able to provide what you need. Check it out and let us know here how it works for you!
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: