BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Trouble with Stats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
handcom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Trouble with Stats Reply with quote

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be inferring from the web statistics. for example, on a particular day. For example, for a particular day, It shows:

23 Distinct Hosts Served
37 Page Views

But if I look at the Most Popular Articles, it shows an article with one view in the last 7 days.

Is there some formula for interpretting these stats?
Kyle93815

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one thing you should remember is that page views are not necessarily article views. Visitors might be accessing your Main Page. The other thing is that the web stats seem to combine html requests with xml (feed) requests to get the total page views. Unless a visitor using your feed clicks on an article title, the article view count won't change.

Confused yet? Haha...I'm sure John will be along to give a real explanation shortly.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle - who did just fine thank you very much - is right that page views are not necessarily article views. You note that you have 37 page views. This means that the total of views of your articles plus views of your category pages (like the Main Page, aka home page) equals 37...

This section of the user manual will help to explain the Statistics data for you. Check it out and let us know what part you want to know more about and we'll be glad to help.
handcom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks to both. This was the information I needed!
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: