BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Keeping a record of blog content as intellectual property

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kroddy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Keeping a record of blog content as intellectual property Reply with quote

Aloha--

I really like Blogharbor's easy approach to blogging!

I use blogging as a way to improve my writing ability.

I will upgrade at the end of my trial, but wondered one thing in the meantime - since my content is hosted on Blogharbor's server, is there I way I can easily download my content (text and photos) to my hard drive to keep a record of my writings over time?

The only scary thing about hosting my content on another server is if the server disappears - so does all my content.

Thanks in advance for answers!

Kevin
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Keeping a record of blog content as intellectual propert Reply with quote

Glad you are enjoying the service!

At this time, the photos uploaded to the photo albums can not be exported, but you can export an XML-formatted file containing the content of your posts.

Log into the control panel and click the Settings & Security tab, then on Import/Export. Look for the Generate Export button at the bottom of the page, and click it. Our system will prepare a file for you, it will take a few minutes so you can go grab a cold drink and when you come back you should be able to reload the page and you will see a link to Download the generated export. Click it, and you will download a compressed archive containing your posts.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your support - Mahalo!
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: