BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sustained and enduring polls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Sustained and enduring polls Reply with quote

Hey there - I've been trying out bloghard for a couple of weeks now, and I have really liked how easy it is to organized everything!

I have realized, that where I want to go, is to have some area for sustained polling/reviews. What I mean is that I wish to, for example, have a movie that I like, that I wish other people to be able to comment on, and then throw open the movie to comments and ratings. And then be able to find that movie (and sometimes it won't be a movie, but be a restaurant, or be a book, or be a ski resort, etc.)

Is there a way to do this, so that the rating would show up ala Yahoo Movies, or CNET reviews, or some other form?

I can't seem to find good open source (or fairly inexpensive) review software, combined with blogging.

Thanks!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Sustained and enduring polls Reply with quote

JC wrote:
Hey there - I've been trying out bloghard for a couple of weeks now, and I have really liked how easy it is to organized everything!

Hope that wasn't a Freudian slip (bloghard?). Wink

You can always Add a Poll to your Weblog via our BlogPolling service. Combine that with our builtin Media reviews and I think you will be on the right track...
JC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Great - more feedback? Reply with quote

Hey there,

Thanks! That's great.

I believe I can use the polls and reviews to CREATE the reviewing ability I want - but say that I want to have both a 'Ski Resort" article, and the accompanying poll ABOUT the ski resort - would you have an idea of how this would be possible? Would I take the poll I have created, and put it in the article somehow?

It looks as if you can only put the poll (component) on one side or the other. Would there be another way to do this??

I have about 5 days left in my trial period, and I'm ready to purchase, but this is the functionality that I really want!

Thanks so much!

JC
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Great - more feedback? Reply with quote

JC - Our example showed how to create a poll and place the code into your sidebar, but you can also place the code into your article. That might be preferable where the poll is more article specific.

If you are using the Rich Text Editor, when entering the code into your article you will want to enter it in Source mode, not in Display mode.

This short article shows you how to toggle between Source and Display mode:

http://demo.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2004/6/3/82256.html

Let us know if you have any problems with this.
JC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Okay, great Reply with quote

Okay, that's great. I'm ready to sign up for the basic package. Can I only do this by using the "upgrade"? Can this be done by phone?

I want to use my "virtual" number, as given by my credit card. Is this possible?

Thanks,
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, great Reply with quote

You'll need to use the Upgrade link on our website in order to convert your blog to paid status via our online form. Since we are a subscription based service, i.e. you pay for your blog as you go month by month, I do not believe virtual numbers will work since they have an expiry date.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: