BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
problem with getting email notification about new postings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pantarus3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: problem with getting email notification about new postings Reply with quote

My subscriber are not recieving emails telling them I have made a new posting. How can I resolve this issue?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with getting email notification about new postin Reply with quote

Subscribers are readers have signed up to receive email notification regarding new posts. When I check your blog's list of subscribers at Dashboard > View Subscribers, I see that there are no readers who have subscribed to receive article notifications on your blog.

Remember that creating a Reader Account does not subcribe readers to email notifications automatically. They need to login to your blog and click the "Email Notifications" link there so that they can choose which sections of your blog to subscribe to.
ojedapaco

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with getting email notification about new postin Reply with quote

john wrote:
Subscribers are readers have signed up to receive email notification regarding new posts. When I check your blog's list of subscribers at Dashboard > View Subscribers, I see that there are no readers who have subscribed to receive article notifications on your blog.

Remember that creating a Reader Account does not subcribe readers to email notifications automatically. They need to login to your blog and click the "Email Notifications" link there so that they can choose which sections of your blog to subscribe to.

I'd like to chime in and seek some clarification. I can check to see how many people have subscribed AND have chosen to receive notifications to my blog. But there is no way to know how many people have subscribed, or is there?

Paco

The VU: Vallarta Undiscovered
Puerto Vallarta's First Podcast
www.vallartaundiscovered.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with getting email notification about new postin Reply with quote

In our system, subscribed means to receive notifications... They are the same thing...

You can check to see how many people have subscribed to receive email notifications by checking your list of subscribers at Dashboard > View Subscribers.

Please let us know if there is a misunderstanding regarding your question.
ojedapaco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: problem with getting email notification about new postin Reply with quote

john wrote:
In our system, subscribed means to receive notifications... They are the same thing...

You can check to see how many people have subscribed to receive email notifications by checking your list of subscribers at Dashboard > View Subscribers.

Please let us know if there is a misunderstanding regarding your question.

OK, I'll rephrase if I may...

I see people leaving comments in my blog that do not show up in my subscriber list. Therefore, I understand subscriber to mean people who choose to be notified when a new article is added. Since my blog doesn't allow anonymous comments, these folks must be logging in somewhere to be able to comment.

Can I find out who these folks are and/or how many?

Thanks, John!

Paco

The VU: Vallarta Undiscovered
Puerto Vallarta's First Podcast
www.vallartaundiscovered.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: problem with getting email notification about new postin Reply with quote

I see people leaving comments in my blog that do not show up in my subscriber list.

Yes, the two are unrelated. Readers can leave comments without being a subscriber, and they can subscribe without necessarily leaving a comment.

Therefore, I understand subscriber to mean people who choose to be notified when a new article is added.

Yes, that is correct. When you login to your blog and look on the left side of the Dashboard, you see the Security box with a link to Subscribers, that is indeed the number of people who have requested notification when you post new articles.

Since my blog doesn't allow anonymous comments, these folks must be logging in somewhere to be able to comment.

Yes, they log in right on your blog. Either on the Login box (which on your blog is above the Recent Articles box and below the basic information box) or on the comment form itself.

Can I find out who these folks are and/or how many?

There's no specific method to track login statistics on your blog, but there is a sidebar component you can add to your blog called Recent Visitors which will list up to 5 of the most recent visitors to your blog. If the reader provided a first and last name in their account settings, the reader's first and last name appears in the list, followed by the date and time their visit commenced. Otherwise, the reader's username appears, followed by the date and time their visit commenced.
ocollier

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we are speaking about subscribers. I have a subscriber who has signed up to received notification of articles that have posted. I post at least three maybe four times a week and the subscriber sent me an angry email asking to be removed.

Is there a way I can remove the subscriber myself or does the subscriber have to do that themselves? And if so how do I or the subscriber unsubscribe?

Otis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your reader will need to unsubscribe by returning to your blog and logging in, then accessing the same Subscribe link he or she used to initially subscribe to email notifications. That page allows your users to manage their subscription preferences.

Unfortunately at this time, it is not possible for you to remove the user yourself and we do note this a feature enhancement request.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: